Benefits of membership:
- The Society encourages and arranges visits by individuals and groups, to broaden the mutual understanding of the cultural, recreational, educational and commercial activities of the twinned towns.
- A bi-annual exchange to Beaumont provides an ideal way to share French life-styles in a safe family environment. Local cheeses and French wine are an added attraction. Calvados is the liqueur of the region.
- A programme of low-key friendly social events.
- Low Membership fees (supplemented by support at fund-raising events).
- Introduction evenings for new or potential members and their families.
- Members meet regularly to improve their French language skills (from ‘beginners’ to ‘near expert’.
- All Junior schools in Wotton under Edge, Kingswood, North Nibley, Hillesley and Hawkesbury Upton now teach their pupils French. The Society liaises with local Primary Schools to encourage further learning of the French language and life.
2019 membership fee is £10 per adult (aged 19 years and over). No fee for children and young people (aged 18 years and under).